Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
What You Do
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of assembly engineering at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Conduct all activities with safety as top priority
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Support/initiate the development, manage and direct completion of projects to improve all KPI's
- Work with production and maintenance departments to solve chronic problems and implement countermeasure activity
- Develop and execute annual plans aligned with company and department objectives
- Understand the technical aspects of assembly operations, establish critical process control parameters and ensure process parameter management
- Coordinate and manage supplier/contractor activity to include job scope, expectations, safety and schedules
- Coordinate new model preparation and launch
- Foster two-way communication at all levels to ensure real issues are known
- Be available to work OT, 2nd shift, rotating shifts, split shifts and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
- Ability to work weekends, holiday periods, and shutdown periods to support equipment modifications and installation, material conversions, vehicle preparations for production
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s Degree (or higher) in Engineering
- Plant level experience with project management
- Knowledge of automotive assembly and associated processes
- Experience managing cost performance, planning, target-setting, technical knowledge of assembly equipment and assembly processes
- Demonstrated knowledge of paint environmental requirements
- Proficiency in cross functional, cross company, and cross-sectional assembly processes
- Budget planning experience (to include both operating and capital budgets)
What Will Set You Apart:
- Knowledge of PLC’s is a plus
- Familiar with robots (Kawasaki would be a plus)
What We Offer
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!