Why We Want You
Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
Pave the way: Brand new company with a solid foundation and endless opportunities.
What You Do
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of Assembly Engineering and Maintenance at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
What You Bring
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Create improvement strategies relative to KPI achievement and in translating those strategies into concrete action plans by use of Floor Management Systems
- Lead Strategic Planning for Assembly line maintenance efficiency and reliability
- Ensure the annual policy management plan and supporting business plan is completed
- Ensure alignment of activity to support business plan
- Share information and communicate goals
- Lead new model preparation
- Play an active role in Skilled Team Member development and Engineering development
- Introduce new Assembly technology when applicable
- Lead engineering and maintenance activities for Assembly line operations producing multiple models
- Lead development of long-term maintenance reliability and efficiency strategy
- Lead reliability Kaizen including major breakdown root cause analysis, KPI/SSR action plan implementation, utility infrastructure risk analysis, and system efficiency
- Lead activities to improve operational efficiency of department
- Lead development of standardized maintenance including master maintenance plans, contingency plans, and best practices
- Manage Maintenance standardization activity including master maintenance plans, contingency plans, and best practices
- Lead evaluation and maintenance cost reduction
- Understand the technical aspects of paint operations and ensure through process parameters management
- Troubleshoot and eliminate chronic quality issues
- Troubleshoot and eliminate chronic line down processes
- Cultivate a workforce that is representative of Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
- Foster two-way communication at all levels to ensure real issues are known
- Be available to work a shift rotation as needed
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor's Degree in Technical, Management or Business, or equivalent professional experience in plant industrial maintenance leadership position
- Manufacturing or Engineering experience
- Experience managing cost performance, planning, target-setting, technical knowledge of equipment and manufacturing processes
- Assembly department experience in a strategic leadership role
- Assembly line technical/systems experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Assembly environmental requirements
- Proficiency in cross functional, cross company, and cross-sectional paint processes
- Budget planning experience (to include both operating and capital budgets)
- Supervisory and team member development experience
What We Offer
- Engineering/Technology experience
- Auto or aerospace background
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!