Why We Want You
Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
What You Do
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of Assembly Production at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Track and manage KPI's
- Manage shop floor production activities, monitor safety, and support
- Maintain schedule for process set up - SOP
- People Development / Safety Training / maintaining TM morale
- Ensure new model training preparation readiness
- Improvement of KPI projects
- Maintain Microsoft project files and excel spreadsheets
- Support TMs in development of process instruction sheets, daily tracking documents and contingency plans
- Supervise FMDS activities which include tool control, visual controls and 5s
- Must be able to track and evaluate problems with vehicle structure, organization and process.
- Work with TMs to develop their problem-solving skills and countermeasure implementation
- Understand and work through the PDCA cycle
- Track countermeasures and follow up to ensure countermeasures are completed
- Support production with process and equipment to ensure takt time is met
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
What You Bring
- Assembly Operations Experience in a manufacturing environment
- KPI Management proficiency
- Supervisory experience (Team Member leadership and development experience with emphasis placed on leading and developing TMs, coaching and assessing work, problem breakdown, GAP, and countermeasure; developing team member bench strength for succession opportunities)
- Project Management experience to include leading, prioritizing work, milestone management, gaining consensus, and reporting out of status and project skills
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor's degree in Business or Engineering
- Automotive Manufacturing experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency (Excel / Word / PowerPoint / Project / Access) and other applications/programs
What We Offer
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!