Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
Become a part of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA as a business partner and integral member of the Accounting and Finance team. By joining us as the Asset Management Specialist, you will report directly to the Accounting and Finance Assistant Manager
What You Do
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of Asset Management at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Foster positive team member relations through a culture of inclusivity, open and transparent 2-way communications, innovative workplace practices and compliance with all applicable finance and accounting regulations
- Manage daily follow up of asset management and capital budget activities
- Make recommendations on how to improve internal controls and governance processes according to Sarbanes-Oxely (SOX) regulations
- Support tax audits, tax schedules and NBV reports
- Lead communication of fixed asset procedures as it relates to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Advise on various fixed asset issues, Lease vs. Buy, asset definition, tagging, etc.
- Responsible for creating journal entries related to fixed asset transactions during month-end close
- Responsible for visualizing actual vs. budget condition for capital projects
- Support/review asset disposals and transfers
- Manage Net Book Value reports and depreciation changes
- Responsible for conducting and reporting fixed asset inventory results
- Create and manage monthly financial statements
- Collaborate with Toyota Motor North America (TMNA) and State of Alabama for tax abatements
- Support establishing the foundation of accounting and finance department such as support setting policy, creating templates
- Create standardized work and manuals for the operation and job above
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (internationally and domestically)
What You Bring
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Accounting or Finance
- Manufacturing/Cost/Asset Management Experience
- >5 years’ experience in tax regulations and SOX compliance
- Experience with MS Excel
- Experience with MS Access
What Will Set You Apart:
- BS in Accounting or related business degree
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials or SAP/ERP
- Experience and knowledge of accounting regulations
- Good communication skills
- Excel experience (formulas, look-ups, tables)
- Experience with MS Word, Power Point, Outlook, Access Database
What We Offer
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!