Why We Want You
Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
Manage shop safety program and manage timely implementation of countermeasures to resolve problems.
What You Do
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of Body Weld at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Create production improvement strategies relative to KPI achievement and support Group Leaders through Team Members in translating those strategies into concrete action plans by use of Floor Management Systems
- Lead Strategic Planning for sustainable daily operations
- Ensure alignment of activities to support the business plan
- Share information and communicate goals
- Lead Takt Change planning, line re-balancing, trials and training activity
- Introduction of new models
- Create group leader development plans and coach the members
- Support introduction of new welding technologies when applicable
- Develop standardize work instruction for each production process
- Ensure white metal body quality and coordinate activity with the team to improve body weld quality
- Promote problem solving activities within and outside of the department
- Lead activity to eliminate production bottle necks and/or chronic downtime
- Identify waste in body weld process and implement activities to improve efficiency
- Cultivate a workforce that is representative of Diversity and Inclusion initiative
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree (Technical, Management or Business) or equivalent professional experience
- Professional or Managerial Experience in automotive manufacturing with a large team (40+)
- Understanding of the different welding processes and equipment
- Welding technical/systems experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of environmental requirements
- Proficiency in cross functional, cross company, and cross-sectional processes
- Budget planning experience (to include both operating and capital budgets)
- Supervisory Experience
- Strong ability to problem solve with a high mechanical aptitude
What We Offer
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!