Why We Want You
Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
- provide supervision to Body Weld production team leaders and team members in overall strategies based on company policy management and priorities.
Must be available to work rotating 1st and 2nd shifts and shutdowns
What You Do
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of body weld at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
What You Bring
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching, and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Create production improvement strategies relative to KPI achievement and in translating those strategies into concrete action plans by use of Floor Management Systems
- Ensure alignment of production activities to support business plan objectives
- Share information, communicate goals, and coach team members to achieve objectives
- Support Takt Change planning, line rebalancing, production trials, and training activity
- Support introduction of new models
- Create and manage team member and team leader development plans
- Develop standardize work instruction for each production process
- Manage shop safety program and manage timely implementation of countermeasures
- Coordinate activities with the Body Weld team to improve quality as necessary
- Lead activities to eliminate production bottle necks and/or chronic downtime
- Identify waste in Body Weld process and implement activities to improve overall efficiency
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
What We Offer
- 5+ year experience in a manufacturing production environment
- Extensive plant level experience in a supervisory/leadership role
- Understanding of the different welding processes and equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge of welding environmental requirements
- Strong ability to problem solve with a high mechanical aptitude
- Ability to manage in a fast pace environment with a positive attitude
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!