Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
Direct staff to ensure the production goals are met while
maintaining and enhancing safety and quality.
What You Do
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of body weld at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Manage material flow and ensure parts are delivered to the proper drop locations in the production areas
- Create area strategy relative to manufacturing functions
- Strong knowledge of logistics management for efficient service delivery
- Daily coordination and logistics with On-Site suppliers
- Ensure that policies, practices, standards and programs are consistent
- Promote a diverse work environment
- Direct and coordinate the storage and distribution of raw materials and supplies within the Weld shop
- Develop a strong working relationship with the production team at all levels to ensure great communications and understanding of both floor side and plant issues
- Direct staff to ensure the production goals are met while maintaining or enhancing Safety and Quality
- Manage new model development and logistics systems
- Give vivid directions and guidelines to shipping agents about nature of goods and delivery locations, and maintain communication with them to ensure that goods are not damaged on transit
- Support A/M's with management priorities through Hoshin to ensure strong process and results KPI's
- Support the development of delivery routes and component packaging
- Promptly identify and analyze process related problems
- Make decisions/recommendations and take prompt action
- Develop and implement efficient team member focused process control systems
- Manage ID Equipment Bottlenecks & countermeasure
- Process kaizen
- Create Area strategy, relative to manufacturing functions, and then assisting team in translating those strategies into actions
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
What You Bring
- 5+ years professional experience in logistics
- Automotive manufacturing experience
- Cross-functional understanding of Automotive manufacturing
- Experience in a strategic leadership role (15+ team members)
- HR policy administration experience as it relates to floor management
- Project management experience
What Will Set You Apart:
- Experience in Conveyance operations
- Technical/Logistics functional knowledge
What We Offer
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!