Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, USA Production Control Department is looking for a passionate and highly-motivated Control Room Specialist.
What You Do
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of CCR at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Manage production to ensure the overall goals of production control are met and maintained
- Coordination of all manufacturing line and on-site supplier production issues impacting vehicle
- Support new model launches and shutdown coordination activities
- Contribute to and support annual business plans and strategies to support Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, USA priorities
- Support change point management activities impacting production and production systems
- The primary responsibility of this role is to support achievement of daily and monthly vehicle production targets through line control systems monitoring, daily communication, and coordination with all production stakeholders and suppliers.
- Reporting to the Production Planning Assistant Manager, the person in this role will support the Production Control department’s objective to oversee ALC operations and perform line management functions to ensure production results are achieved for 2 manufacturing lines.
- This position requires a strong grasp and knowledge of manufacturing, along with strong communication, problem solving, negotiating, analytical and crisis management skills.
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree (or Higher) in Industrial Engineering, Mathematics, Business Management, Information Technology, related manufacturing bachelor’s degrees, or equivalent work experience
- Toyota Production Control experience within a high-volume production environment
- Strong mathematical skill, which may include a college Major or Minor in Mathematics
- Experience coordinating, presenting, or leading decision-making meetings
- Strong Microsoft office skills, specifically Excel, PowerPoint, and PowerBi
- Flexibility to work 2nd shift and or rotating shift pattern
What Will Set You Apart:
- Operational knowledge of GALC and GALIS
- Vehicle manufacturing experience within a Body Weld, Paint, Assembly shop, or on site suppliers
- Functional project management skills in a large-scale manufacturing environment
- Developing project strategies, problem-solving and countermeasures
What We Offer
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!