Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing is now looking for a Communications Specialist who will lead internal communications at the plant/company level. If you're interested in joining our greenfield start up project and excited about the opportunity to help us establish and build our culture and team members, apply now for this exciting opportunity!
What You Do
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of communications at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Develop and maintain an internal communications strategy focused on two-way communication tools and systems that build mutual trust between the company and team members
- Create specific communications action plans, timelines, and defined deliverables that support the communication of internal messages and enable the company to shape culture, drive engagement, and deliver results
- Continually monitor, add and improve communications tools as needed. (i.e., investigate innovative tools or changing technology for the best possible methods to employ)
- Evaluate company communication effectiveness, respond to feedback from team members, reflect and adjust communications content accordingly
- Assist managers and executives with speech-writing and messaging for internal meetings/communications
- Create communication plans and schedules for company information roll-outs
- Develop plans and schedules for company events that promote corporate culture through fun engagements and/or team-building activities
- Develop cross-departmental relationships for effective and accurate communications
- Ensure accuracy, timeliness, consistency and usefulness in company messages
- Develop and strengthen community relations and engagement in coordination with Strategic and Social Communications Specialist; ensure internal communication messages are consistent with external communication messages
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to integrate employee communications content into overall company goals and messaging
- Facilitate the planning and execution of milestone events
- Facilitate weekly and monthly communications meetings
- Help strategize about local community issues and how team members can be involved
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Be available to outside of typical business hours and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree
- Proven communications and internal and/or external affairs experience
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Evidence of developing overall Public Relations (PR) strategies
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Evidence of project management; developing and promoting messaging
What Will Set You Apart:
- Experience owning corporate communications in a large-scale manufacturing environment
- Automotive industry experience
What We Offer
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!