Why We Want You
Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
• demonstrate their world class skills
• perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
• engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
What You Do
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of environmental air at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
What You Bring
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda, Toyota and Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, USA
- Provide leadership and support needed to allow planned production while maintaining compliance to applicable environmental regulation through the following competencies:
- Develop and implement policies and procedures aligned with company objective to be 100% compliant with applicable laws and regulations
- Implement an air compliance database to capture data required to demonstrate environmental compliance
- Monitoring of production process to confirm effectiveness of procedures and policies that have been implemented
- Ability to identify, assess, and recommend solutions to potential compliance issues
- Evaluate new raw materials for TSCA, Homeland Security, Permit compliance
- Emergency Planning Community Right to Know (EPCRA) Tier I, Tier II and Tier III data collection and reporting
- Develop Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Tracking for daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Develop and manage agency witnessed compliance demonstration testing plan
- Assess environmental data and report to agencies as required by permit
- Assess the impact of potential material, process or production volume changes and make recommendations to management
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
What We Offer
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Engineering, Environmental Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry
- 5-10 years of experience in NSR/PSD air compliance at a major industry
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with federal, state and local environmental agencies
- Capacity to communicate and respond clearly, both verbally and in writing, to all levels of the organization i.e. Team Members, Executives, On-Site Partners, etc.
- Analytical thinking, with the ability to identify gaps, root cause analysis and countermeasure implementation
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently, with strong organizational skills in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Project management experience with capability to develop, lead and prioritize work, meet milestones, gain consensus, and report out status of projects
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!