Why We Want You
Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
What You Do
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of Environmental at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
What You Bring
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Develop 1-year and 5-year action plan with KPIs for continuous improvement
- Overall coordination of department to ensure Environmental compliance, risk and performance objectives are met
- Provide guidance to other departments for ISO compliance and building understanding of legal compliance issues for air, water, waste, chemical, identification and management of significant equipment, coordinate development of groundwater monitoring plan, develop SPCC plan for storm water High Risk Areas, manage establishment of hazardous/non-hazardous waste handling, segregation/recycling program, develop chemical approval process to insure compliance with all applicable regulations, etc.
- Consistently communicate environmental conditions to the executive team
- Understand, coordinate and ensure implementation of Local, State and Federal environmental regulations for plant compliance items including testing, periodic reporting, permitting, odor reduction, internal environmental plant standards, etc.
- Develop short and long-term planning objectives and a vision to ensure compliance, risk and performance objectives are met
- Respond to and provide direction for environmental emergencies and chemical spills.
- Conduct environmental audits of property and assigned departments to ensure compliance
- Work closely with OSPs to confirm compliance to Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, USA and agency requirements, set strategies for improvement, manage risk, etc.
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
What We Offer
- Bachelor's Degree in Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, Chemical Engineering, or Chemistry
- 5-10 years of experience at a major NSR/PSD facility
- Capacity to communicate and respond clearly, both verbally and in writing, to all levels of the organization i.e. Team Members, Executives, On-Site Partners, etc.
- Analytical thinking, with the ability to identify gaps, root cause analysis and countermeasure implementation
- Self-motivated with the capability to work independently, with strong organizational skills in a fast-paced team-oriented environment
- Project management experience with capability to develop, lead and prioritize work, meet milestones, gain consensus, and report out status of projects
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!