MAZDA TOYOTA MANUFACTURING, USA
Facilities Operations Group Leader
Why We Want You
Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, USA facilities offers you the opportunity to end each day with a smile and a sense of pride in the work that you do.
What You Do
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of Facilities Operations at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
Lead/Manage Team Members
- Establish strong team-member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Motivate a team to perform their work safely, efficiently, with excellent quality to ensure reliability
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Review specifications, design criteria, develop scopes of work and to ensure plant construction project compliance with all state/local codes and Mazda Toyota Manufacturing specifications
- Support reliability kaizen activity including major breakdown root cause analysis, KPI/Benchmark action plan implementation, assigned FE system infrastructure risk analysis, and efficiency
- Support evaluation and implement maintenance cost reduction activity for assigned systems
- Lead, supervise and plan development and coordination for skilled team members to support manufacturing requirements
- Develop and implement continuous training and skill development programs
- Initiate and lead kaizen activity with problem solving analysis and countermeasures for FE equipment improving safety, quality, productivity, and cost using standardized process’s and tools
- Perform preventative maintenance, predictive maintenance (PdM) & corrective maintenance on electrical and mechanical equipment in accordance to standardized procedures
- Track and report maintenance key performance indicators
- Writes programs, troubleshoots, modifies and or repairs programmable controllers and other electronic equipment
- Troubleshoot and repair hydraulic, pneumatic, electric, and mechanical equipment, using standard and specialized hand/power tools (pipe threader, drill press, welder, cutting torch, machining, and diagnostic equipment).
- Troubleshoot, replace and or repair machine components including cylinders, pumps, motors, spindles, fixtures, slides, valves, gear, switches and bearings
- Performs basic administrative skills including computer data entry and documentation of work performed by written and electronic methods
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
- Provide direction and support to PLE - Facility Engineering and Environmental personnel in relation to above mentioned operations/functions.
- Support Quality Circle/Kaizen activities to improve operational efficiency (cost, headcount, reliability) at Mazda Toyota Manufacturing Facility departments, TMNA PLE and NAMC Workgroup Facilitator
- Support a plant wide Energy Management Organization (EMO)
- Support Facility Maintenance standardization activity including master maintenance plans, contingency plans, and best practices.
- Support development of evaluation and analysis tools for use to track energy reduction savings and implementation costs.
- Support 5-year Roadmap planning for assigned systems
Develop Business plans and strategies
- Resolve issues with systems and processes managed by the Facility Engineering Reliability group.
- Provide technical support to Mazda and Toyota in resolving Facility Major Breakdowns.
- Utilize Mazda and Toyota Facility KPI/SSR data to determine potential issues, develop plans to jointly investigate with Mazda and Toyota and determine potential & implement countermeasures
What You Bring
- Support and implement system roadmaps to support the 5-year plan / strategy for Facility Reliability & Efficiency improvement
What Will Set You Apart:
- Technical Degree/Certificate (Validation required) in mechanical, electrical, electronic, mechatronics or equivalent experience in a Facility manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Plant Facility Maintenance Function or Experience in Industrial Maintenance Function
- Must possess effective communication skills (internal and external communications)
- Experience coordinating Operations & Maintenance, Planning / Target-setting, technical knowledge of building, facility equipment and manufacturing processes.
- Proven Leadership Experience in managing teams, projects or cross functional teams.
- Experience in a Maintenance Function within a NAM or within Production Engineering
What We Offer
- Experience in Industrial Plant Facility Maintenance Engineering Function
- Industrial mechanical experience
• For personal and professional development
• To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
• To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
• To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!