Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
What You Do
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of human resources at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Develop and manage Hourly Labor (Production, Projects/Kaizen, and Skilled Maintenance) Staffing Plans
- Manage sourcing, recruitment and pre/post selection assessments for placement into Production and Skilled hourly positions
- Manage job offer process and presents to HR Manager for approval
- Establish and lead a long-term strategy for the internal promotion process for Group Leaders and Team Leaders
- Manage and lead Staffing related vendors and partners to ensure an efficient hiring and assessment process
- Conduct and lead local manpower meetings to gain approval for headcount in each division and with HR leadership
- Responsible for updating and managing key process indicators (KPIs) for regular update meetings (Obeya and Plant Progress meetings)
- Participate in improvement activities related to HR Staffing Processes
- Support the creation and maintenance of standardized HR department documents and work processes
- Fosters positive team member relations through a culture of inclusivity, open and transparent 2-way communications, innovative workplace practices and compliance with all applicable laws
- Be available to outside of typical business hours and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Management, or related field
- Ability to manage daily and project assignments with minimal direction
- Good Communication skills with Collaborative Mindset
- Demonstrated proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook
What Will Set You Apart:
- 5+ years of Staffing / Manpower Planning (high volume) experience; plant start up experience preferred
- Manufacturing experience and understanding of terminology preferred.
What We Offer
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!