Why We Want You
Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
What You Do
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of maintenance at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
What You Bring
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Creating Maintenance Organization strategy, relative to manufacturing functions, and then assisting team in translating those strategies into actions
- Strategic Panning / Project management
- Maintenance Network / TPM / PM focus to improve shop capability
- ID equipment bottlenecks and countermeasures projects
- Process Kaizen
- Maximo / PM management
- Shift / equipment confirmed / ready
- Breakdown management
- Takt change planning
- Skilled TM development / training strategy
- Maintenance Committee / Maintenance SSR
- Leadership of Maintenance GL’s and Maintenance TL in overall Maintenance Organization strategies based on Hoshin and Company priorities
- Ensuring that Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, USA policies, practices, standards, and programs are consistent Ensuring diverse workforce environment
- Developing a strong working relationship with the skilled TMs at all levels to ensure great communications and understanding of floor side issues
- Ensuring the Hoshin (Business Plan) process is completed efficiently and effectively and the activity is in alignment to support it
- Equipment problem solving
- Equipment yokoten, spare parts, design
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Business, or technical related discipline or equivalent experience
- Industrial maintenance management experience with a strategic leadership role
- Knowledge and understanding of predictive and preventive maintenance processes
- Supervisory experience
- Developing training systems for skilled team members and skilled organizations (to include both skilled instruction experience in teaching and developing team members in Toyota core programs, selecting and developing trainers, designing and developing training content, conducting needs analysis, and evaluating development programs
- Knowledge of and demonstrated capability in applications of HR policies and practices
What We Offer
- Automobile manufacturing environment experience
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!