MAZDA TOYOTA MANUFACTURING, USA
Mechanical Facilities Operations Specialist
Why We Want You
Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
• demonstrate their world class skills
• perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
• engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, USA facilities offers you the opportunity to end each day with a smile and a sense of pride in the work you do.
What You Do
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of Mechanical Facilities Operations at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
Lead Team Members
- Establish strong team-member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Review specifications, design criteria, develop scopes of work and to ensure plant construction project compliance with all state/local codes and company specifications
- Lead equipment verification (kanban), start-up and punch list activities for assigned systems
- Create development of long-term Facility Reliability and Efficiency Strategy (Roadmaps)
- Lead reliability kaizen activity including major breakdown root cause analysis, KPI/Benchmark action plan implementation, assigned FE system infrastructure risk analysis, and efficiency
- Develop and implement standardized maintenance including master maintenance plans (MMP), contingency plans, and best practices for assigned systems
- Support evaluation and implement maintenance cost reduction activity for assigned systems
- Lead and manage maintenance including planned outages (if applicable) of assigned systems
- Co-lead and participate in a interdepartmental energy management group
- Ensure compliance and knowledge of regulatory items associated with assigned systems
- Lead spare parts setups for assigned systems
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
- Provide direction & support to PLE - Facility Engineering and Environmental personnel in relation to above mentioned operations/functions
- Lead Quality Circle/Kaizen activities to improve operational efficiency (cost, headcount, reliability) at Mazda Toyota Manufacturing Facility departments, TMNA, PLE, and NAMC Workgroup Facilitator
- Co-lead in a plant wide Energy Management Organization (EMO)
- Develop standard specification for Yokoten for assigned projects
- Identify and evaluate facility electrical distribution equipment efficiency Kaizen projects and monitor & verify results
- Lead mechanical supply infrastructure risk analysis and countermeasure implementation
- Manage Facility Maintenance standardization activity including master maintenance plans, contingency plans, and best practices
- Lead development of evaluation and analysis tools for use by TMNA and plants to track energy reduction savings and implementation costs
- Manage 5-year Roadmap planning for assigned systems
Develop Business Plans and Strategies
- Resolve issues with systems and processes managed by the Facility Engineering Reliability group
- Provide technical support to Mazda and Toyota in resolving Facility Major Breakdowns
- Utilize Mazda and Toyota Facility KPI/SSR data to determine potential issues, develop plans to jointly investigate with Mazda and Toyota and determine potential & implement countermeasures
What You Bring
- Develop and update system roadmaps to support the 5-year plan / strategy for Facility Reliability & Efficiency improvement
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience in a Facility manufacturing environment
- Experience in Plant Facility Maintenance Function or Experience in Industrial Maintenance Function
- Must possess effective communication skills (internal and external communications)
- Experience coordinating Operations & Maintenance, Managing Cost Performance, Planning / Target-setting, technical knowledge of building, facility equipment and manufacturing processes
- Cost management Experience
- Proven Leadership Experience in managing teams, projects or cross functional teams
- Experience in an Electrical Engineering or Maintenance Function within a NAM or within Production Engineering
What We Offer
- Experience in Industrial Plant Facility Maintenance Engineering Function
- Experience in coordinating of Facility Operations & Maintenance, Managing Cost Performance, Planning / Target-setting, technical knowledge of building, facility equipment and manufacturing processes
- Experience with Direct Supervision of Engineering Specialists and Contractors
- Experience in a Facility Maintenance / Engineering or Maintenance Function within a NAM or within Production Engineering
- Industrial mechanical experience
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!