Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
What You Do
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of paint maintenance at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese Advisors from Mazda and Toyota
- Create improvement strategies relative to KPI achievement and in translating those strategies into concrete action plans by use of Floor Management Systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead safety initiatives and support Kaizen activities
- Ensure alignment of activities to support the business plan
- Support preventative and predictive maintenance system and ensure compliance and effectiveness
- Support new equipment introduction
- Create and manage team member development plans
- Spare parts setup and management
- Support long-term maintenance reliability and efficiency strategy
- Support reliability Kaizen including major breakdown root cause analysis, KPI/SSR action plan implementation, utility infrastructure risk analysis, and system efficiency
- Lead activities to improve operational efficiency and reduce MTTR/MTBF
- Manage Maintenance standardization activity including master maintenance plans, contingency plans, and best practices
- Lead evaluation and maintenance cost reduction activities
- Troubleshoot and problem solving to eliminate chronic line stop issues
- Cultivate a workforce that is representative of Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
- Be available to work a shift rotation as needed
- Be available to work OT, 1st shift, 2nd shift, 3rd shift, shutdowns, rotating shifts and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
- Willingness and ability to attend training in Japan and/or other Manufacturing Plants within the U.S. for up to 3 Months at a time
What You Bring
- 3+ years' experience in a plant maintenance leadership position
- Extensive plant level experience with significant man management experience
- Skilled at troubleshooting mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and robotic systems
- Paint line technical/systems experience with demonstrated problem-solving ability in paint processes and equipment
- Demonstrated knowledge of paint environmental requirements
- Budget planning experience
- Ability to manage in a fast pace environment with a positive attitude
What We Offer
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!