Why We Want You
Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota
Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our
brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic
spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
- Demonstrate their world class skills
- Perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- Engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, USA! The Production Control / Project Planning Manager will drive
operations and team members success at a cutting-edge automotive manufacturing
What You Do
Will lead the establishment of Production Control and Project
Planning Management function/department at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge
automotive manufacturing operation.
a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
- Implement and lead Production Control Operations to include the supply chain elements including parts ordering to production scheduling to ensure on time delivery of customer orders
- Implement and lead Project Planning Management Operations to include weekly, monthly project status report meetings ensuring visibility of status of critical project milestones
- Establish strong team member relations at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Manage teams and support new model launch projects
- Develop PC PPM team members to be successful project leaders
- Provide coaching to AM’s and develop AM coaching capability with direct reports, including providing fair and consistent performance feedback regarding strengths and development opportunities. Apply company policies consistently
- Coordinate daily between Plant Engineering, Production, Purchasing, Quality, Accounting and Finance, IS, and HR departments the key activities, operations and milestones to ensure targets/KPIs are met and everything is on schedule
- Act as a go-between between groups identified above to ensure issues that fall in-between departments get recognized, assigned, and completed to keep projects on schedule. Ensure plant readiness meets the new model readiness timeline (Trials, SOP, etc.)
- Responsible for leading the team to resolve problems which arise daily from any area of the project
- Develop business plans and strategies
- Lead the development of unique project strategies with project teams based on the characteristics of each project. Utilize reflection to incorporate learning points for future projects and Yokoten as standards
- Utilize strategic thinking to support the development of the department’s long term strategic plan (5yr+) and develop plans to execute annual objectives. Motivate and encourage the team to take action to achieve the PC PPM mission and vision based on company values
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher (Business Management, Supply Chain, Operations Management or Industrial Engineering) or similar related discipline.
- Supervisory experience in a manufacturing environment
- New Model vehicle launch experience of all phases for a major new model project launch in a leadership role to include leadership of cross-functional, cross-divisional, or cross-company teams; capability to initiate projects; lead, manage, and coach team members; and report out status of project
- Successful demonstration of written and verbal communication skills
- Intermediate level proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (i.e. Word, Excel, PPT, Visio, Project)
- Manufacturing plant (floor or shop) operations experience
- PMP Certification a plus
What Will Set You
- Experience in a large automotive vehicle assembly plant
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda
and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team
members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market
leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to
our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a
diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we
serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where
equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability,
marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any
other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that
diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a
global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented
people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our
Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity
for personal and professional growth.
you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!