Why We Want You
Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
Unique Opportunity to Create a Quality culture from the best of Mazda, Toyota and other industry leaders.
What You Do
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of Quality Assurance at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
What You Bring
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Develop and ensure implementation of Quality Standards and Procedures
- Develop and manage KPI’s for department and section processes
- Manage model change quality operational plans
- Manage change points for supplier, design and quality engineering
- Ensure customer satisfaction for completed vehicle quality
- Ensure quality operations inspection readiness
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher or 5+ years of Equivalent Professional Experience in Quality Control for manufacturing
- Working experience with in QC Operations Section or Quality Engineering
- Supervisory experience in Quality Department, with responsibility for direct reports
- Using Floor Management Systems to visualize KPIs and performance
- Line and/or Line Support experience in Quality department
- Experience developing strategies and plans to support QC Business Plans and KPIs, including model launch readiness, strategic quality improvement initiatives, and efficiency enhancement for processing
What We Offer
- Leading Diversity strategies and inclusion throughout a department, including department diversity teams and gap analysis for diverse areas for improvement
- Participating in and /or leading a Jishuken activity to improve processes
- Coordinating and/or participating in QC pre/post launch audits
- Developing classroom and/or curriculum material for plant or department level training to further Team Member growth
- Cross shop/cross division assignment/rotation as a mechanism for continued growth
- Creating written department procedures and flows to support standard application and sustainment, including the implementation and/or publishing of said materials
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!