Why We Want You
Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
What You Do
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of quality at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Manage operation/function
- Create area strategy relative to manufacturing/engineering functions
- Assist team in translating strategies into actions
- Maintain key focus on support of Production, Maintenance, Engineering and Material Conveyance
- Daily coordination of issues and corrective actions with Assembly team
- Support Engineer and Team Member development.
- Ensure that policies, practices, standards and programs are consistent
- Promote a diverse work environment
- Takt change planning
- Develop a strong working relationship with the production team at all levels to ensure great communications and understanding of both floor side and plant issues
- Direct staff to ensure the goals are met while maintaining or enhancing Safety and Quality
- Support assembly Obeya project Kaizen
- Manage new model development and processing
- Project leader for assembly and conveyance technology
- Strategic planning/project management
- Support the engineering team with management priorities through Hoshin to ensure strong process and results KPI's
- Develop communication strategy reporting to senior management issues and progress
- Support the development and implementation of process improvements to support achievement of KPI’s
- Participate in equipment and process problem-solving
- Promptly identify and analyze process related problems
- Make decisions/recommendations and take prompt action
- Develop and implement efficient team member focused process control systems
- Manage ID Equipment Bottlenecks & countermeasure
- Process kaizen
- Ensure Hoshin process is completed efficiently and effectively and the activity is in alignment to support
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
What You Bring
What We Offer
- Bachelor's Degree (Technical, Management or Business) or equivalent professional experience.
- Supervisory Experience in an automotive manufacturing environment.
- Strong problem-solving skills; demonstrated success and ability to solve problems in a complex manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated success in a cross-functional leadership role.
- Shop Floor Jishuken leadership experience.
- Working experience with inspection or quality confirmation processes.
- Using Floor Management Systems to visualize KPIs and performance.
- Experience developing strategies and plans to support Business Plans and KPIs, including model launch readiness, quality improvement initiatives, and efficiency enhancements for processing.
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!