Why We Want You
Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
Unique Opportunity to Create a Quality culture from the best of Mazda, Toyota and other industry leaders.
What You Do
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of Quality Inspection at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
What You Bring
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Ensure vehicle and process integrity through the development of new team members
- Implement philosophies and develop/promote a new work culture
- Manage daily production within Quality control
- Lead, manage and coordinate with other teams to accomplish specific objectives
- Directly responsible for all KPI's including Safety, Quality, Productivity, Costs and HR issues for all direct reports
- Ensure long-term production readiness for all team members, processes, and related equipment
- Ensure vehicle quality inspection processes are completed with all required criteria per standards and total completed vehicle quality to the customers
- Manage model changes for problem containment and assurance vehicle is within shipping standards prior to release for sale to customers
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
- Bachelor's Degree in Management, Engineering or Technical Related Discipline, or equivalent experience
- Microsoft Office skills (e.g. Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, and Word) and commonly used applications
- Automobile manufacturing experience
- Project management experience
- Experience managing KPI implementation
- Possess strong problem solving and negotiation skills to support resolution of startup problems that include part suppliers, damaged parts investigations etc.
- Quality Auditing Experience (Process and/or System)
What Will Set You Apart:
What We Offer
- New operations, new model, or project start up experience
- Supervisory experience
- Quality Control production management experience
- Manufacturing experience outside of Quality
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!