Why We Want You
Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
Unique Opportunity to Create a Quality culture from the best of Mazda, Toyota and other industry leaders.
What You Do
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of Quality Paint Inspection at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
What You Bring
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Ensure reliability of quality standards and inspection plan development and execution by manufacturing
- Monitor all KPI’s and identify and resolve issues using Floor Management Systems
- Participate in new model vehicle development with design and manufacturing
- Lead deployment of the Quality Business Plan
- Resolve quality problems across departments
- Lead strategic implementation of Quality projects
- Support lead simultaneous projects
- Support capital equipment specification and installation activities
- Develop and execute customer satisfaction improvement activities
- Lead/manage problem solving for design, manufacturing, supplied parts, inspection processes or equipment
- Initiate and coordinate multiple tasks/teams to improve paint quality and promote problem solving activities across departments
- Lead and promote business condition and priority changes to direct reports.
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor’s degree (or higher) in Engineering or another technical field
- Must demonstrate ability to work independently solving quality problems considering facts, experience and judgment
- Manufacturing paint experience
- Knowledge of multiple manufacturing processes utilized by suppliers
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience in inspection process development and equipment implementation for quality inspection
- Quality Auditing Experience (Process and/or System)
- Demonstrated proficiency in the application of Microsoft Office Professional (Word, Excel, Access)
What We Offer
- Automobile Paint Inspection experience
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!