Why We Want You
Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand-new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
What You Do
- Demonstrate their world class skills
- Perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- Engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of Safety Specialist at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Provide leadership and support for plant wide safety and shop safety programs and activities
- Ensure OSHA compliance, Safety department and incident investigations
- Ensure Early Safety Intervention follow up with team members
- Track, monitor and share safety trend and data analysis, including for floor management systems
- Influence team member behavior as it relates to Safety priorities and interact with team members through Safety Task Force, department meetings, incident investigations, and projects.
- Implement shop and plant projects to improve safety systems and culture, to include OSHA Safety Compliance and Culture-based or other programs designed to improve plant safety and awareness
- Develop Key Performance Indicator (KPI) Tracking for daily, weekly and monthly reports
- Audit Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, USA Safety compliance programs
- Identify and prioritize risks related to safety issues and conditions and develop sustainable action plans to reduce and/or eliminate those risks
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally
- In addition to plant and shop level assignments, Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, USA safety specialist will have matrix responsibility for one (or more) areas of expertise
- Oversee Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, USA industrial hygiene programs including but not limited to:
- Hazard Communication and chemical management
- Respirator fit
- Confined space
- Hearing conservation
- Laser safety
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Engineering, Ergonomics, Industrial Hygiene related field or equivalent experience
- Regulatory Safety compliance experience (must have demonstrated knowledge of OSHA, ANSI, and NFPA Safety requirements)
- Available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
What Will Set You Apart:
- Manufacturing safety experience
- Certification in specific area of expertise (CSP, CIH, BCPE, PE, etc.)
- Certified auditor and/or related audit experience
- Safety training experience (OSHA 10, OSHA 30, and/or compliance training)
- Experience in safety promotion and/or safety culture
- Experience in safety policy creation and implementation, safety training, safety investigation, reporting, database management and risk assessment
- General safety experience in targeted area of expertise (Industrial Hygiene)
- Project management experience with capability to develop, lead and prioritize work, meet milestones, gain consensus, and report out status of projects
What We Offer
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!