Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
What You Do
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of engineering at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Electric safe work practices
- Machine risk assessment, circuit analysis and control reliability determination
- Machine safety confirmation (equipment kanban)
- Control of hazardous energy; develop and implement equipment & machine safety program, electrical safety program, lockout training and communicate necessary information to ensure regulatory compliance to standards and site safety policies (i.e. crane safety, robotics, overhead equipment & fixtures, powered conveyors, energized platforms, etc.). [reworded to: Experience developing, implementing equipment & machine safety programs, electrical safety programs, lockout training. Communicate necessary equipment and machine information to ensure regulatory compliance to standards and site safety policies (i.e. crane safety, robotics, overhead equipment & fixtures, powered conveyors, energized platforms, etc.).
- Responsible for development and implementation and management of all machine and equipment programs (i.e. robots, parts jigs, cranes, engineering fixtures, etc.). [reworded to: Experience developing, implementing and managing machine and equipment programs (i.e. robots, parts jigs, cranes, engineering fixtures, etc.).]
- Provides [Experience providing] technical resources to machine builders and designers to gather data to support proper installation of equipment in production process according to applicable safety standards.
- Collaborate [Experience collaborating] with project engineering teams to plan, review, submit and/or update equipment installation and modification project plans.
- Partner [Experience partnering] with Engineering and Facilities to leverage expertise for equipment installation and modification.
- Available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
- Be available to outside of typical business hours and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
What You Bring
- Bachelor's Degree in Safety, Engineering, Ergonomics, Industrial Hygiene related field or equivalent experience
- Strong knowledge of machine operations, structural engineering, robotics, crane operations and programmable logic schematics as well as OSHA, ANSI, NEC, RAI, ASME, NFPA codes and regulations.
- Strong background in automation and ANSI standards.
- Knowledgeable in electrical controls and mechanical guarding systems.
- Understands [Experienced with] risk assessments related to machinery and automation. Able to apply risk assessments to process machinery and identify/explain deficiencies to standards.
What Will Set You Apart:
- Manufacturing safety experience
- Certification in specific area of expertise (CSP, CIH, BCPE, PE, etc.)
- Certified auditor and/or related audit experience
- Safety training experience (OSHA 10, OSHA 30, and/or compliance training)
- Experience in safety promotion and/or safety culture
- Experience in safety policy creation and implementation, safety training, safety investigation, reporting, database management and risk assessment
- General safety experience in targeted area of expertise (machine and electronics)
- Project management experience with capability to develop, lead and prioritize work, meet milestones, gain consensus, and report out status of projects
What We Offer
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!