Why We Want You
Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
What You Do
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of Safety and Health at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
What You Bring
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Develop and maintain Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, USA safety and health basic policy and management systems
- Ensure necessary controls to ensure serious incident prevention
- Align site safety and health priorities that directly link to company objectives and targets
- Must be able to lead new and innovative solutions aligned with manufacturing annual goals; in addition, will oversee several SME functions/business processes
- Manage scope of safety activity including broad application from new vehicle/plant concept through design, construction, installation, preparation and Start of Production (SOP)
- Responsible to audit safe operating conditions; responsible for countermeasure implementation and tracking
- Responsible to summarize progress of key activities and represent organization to internal and external representatives
- Lead safety and health members, variable and professional service contractors in a section role
- Responsible for leading safety projects at company or shop level
- Ensure quick and effective results by monitoring detailed function plans and major milestone outcomes
- Evaluate results compared to established targets; revise plans when necessary
- Responsible for operations and construction safety management systems
- Understand legal and other Safety requirements; complete thorough Plan-Do-Check-Action (PDCA) periodic audit and review of system/process outcomes
- Able to grasp non-conformance and collaborate to implement effective solutions
- Conduct periodic review of trend and incident data to identify sources of significant safety issues
- Identify and implement safety solutions that have direct impact (improvement) on Safety Key Performance Indicators (KPI) performance
- Take leadership of safety matters that exceed scope or capability of site safety representatives
- Oversee on site medical clinic operations
- Develop and implement site health and wellness promotion programs
- Injured t/m case management and workers compensation administration
- Job placement committee and medical evaluation and monitoring programs
- Provide periodic report on safety department and business unit progress in multiple formats
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
What Will Set You Apart:
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Engineering or S&H related field
- 5+ years manufacturing S&H experience (direct OR indirectly)
- Safety and Health supervisory and/or management experience
- Knowledge of OSHA 1910 and 1926 regulations/ consensus standards
- Knowledge of workers compensation regulations
What We Offer
- Safety certification (CSP, CIH, ERGO, ETC.)
- Automotive and/or automotive supplier experience
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!