Why We Want You
Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
Support new model activity, including new model development and major break down support, and support Hoshin commitments and activity.
What You Do
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of Stamping at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
What You Bring
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Foster positive team member relations through a culture of inclusivity, open and transparent 2-way communications, innovative workplace practices and compliance with all applicable laws
- Manage KPI (daily change point management) and manage daily productivity and system issues
- Coach and develop TMs on daily basis
- Plan daily activities, project management and mid to long term improvement planning
- Floor Management Systems daily management
- Plan and direct weekend work and/or trials
- Manage Steel and Quality issues
- Lead and plan for equipment modifications and refurbishment
- Investigate and follow up on all Safety, Quality and Productivity issues
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
What Will Set You Apart
- Bachelor’s Degree, or higher, in Engineering, such as, Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Technical Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Stamping production managing 25+ employees
- Experience with press room equipment operational systems
- Experience with successful leadership of new installations/modifications of press room equipment
What We Offer
- Production and project supervisory experience in a high volume stamping manufacturing environment
- Stamping A class surface parts
- Supervisory or project leadership experience
- MS Visio and Access Database proficiency
- Proficient with Maximo system
- Experience with Press Machine and Auxiliary Equipment design and function
- Die Structure experience
- Leading Diversity strategies and inclusion throughout a department, including department diversity teams and gap analysis for diverse areas for improvement
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!