Why We Want You
Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
Provide leadership to production Team Leaders and Team Members in overall strategies based on company policy management and company priorities
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
Must be available to rotate 1st and 2nd shifts and work shutdown
What You Do
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of stamping at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
What You Bring
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Support Assistant Managers with strategies and action plans to improve KPI’s
- Lead Strategic Planning for sustainable daily operations
- Ensure alignment of activities to support the business plan
- Strong knowledge of stamping processes
- Lead Takt Change Planning and/or line rebalancing
- Lead new model stamping preparation
- Play an active role in Team Member development
- Lead 1-shift stamping operations producing parts for multiple models
- Coordinate activities between engineering, Tool & Die maintenance, manufacturing and maintenance
- Troubleshoot stamping issues and eliminate chronic line down processes
- Cultivate a workforce that is representative of Diversity and Inclusion initiatives
- Foster two-way communication at all levels to ensure real issues are known
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
What We Offer
- Bachelor's Degree (Technical, Management or Business) or equivalent supervisory experience 5+ years
- Manufacturing, Stamping or Engineering experience
- Stamping department experience in a strategic leadership role.
- Knowledge of materials and manufacturing processes related to metal stamping
- Stamping technical/systems experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of environmental requirements
- Proficiency in cross functional, cross company, and cross-sectional processes
- Strong ability to problem solve with a high mechanical aptitude
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!