Team Member Relations Specialist
Why We Want You
Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
What You Do
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of Team Member and Labor Relations at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Support the Human Resource Department's Floor Management Systems objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s), follow-up with management and Team Members on open items, meet with Team Members on overall job satisfaction, investigate and respond to hotline calls, concern resolutions, counsel Group Leaders or Team Members on questions, problem-solve top issues and address allegations of policy violations
- Advocate for team members and for the company
- Support and communicate team member viewpoints
- Build relationships with team members
- Support and communicate Mazda Toyota Manufacturing, USA viewpoints
- Promote continuous improvement and team member engagement
- Partner with section management
- Build relationships with and support section leadership and team members, including morale sensing.
- Understands section operations
- Develop management staff to ensure positive morale
- Manage standardized investigation practices
- Manage projects that relate to investigations and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Investigate policy violations
- Ensure consistent policy implementation
- Offer problem resolution assistance
- Be available to work on both day and night shift
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
What You Bring
- Bachelor's degree in HR, related field, or equivalent work experience
- HR Team Member Relations / Employee Relations experience
- Experience in a role using conflict management skills
- Experience in a role using negotiation skills
- Ability to apply interpersonal and communication skills
- Experience using Microsoft Word and Excel
What Will Set You Apart:
- Experience in a large automotive vehicle assembly plant
What We Offer:
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!
Are you looking for more jobs like this?