Teamwork, Respect, Innovation, Opportunity…not just words, but the cornerstone of Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA’s $1.6 Billion manufacturing plant in Huntsville, Alabama.
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing USA wants you to become part of our team and help us start up our brand new manufacturing plant.
We’re seeking candidates with an energetic spirit – people who come to work every day ready to:
- demonstrate their world class skills
- perform perfect execution of the fundamentals of each job
- engage in helping us build not only vehicles but also our company and our future
What You Do
Initially will lead the establishment and ramp-up of tool & die at a large, high-volume, cutting-edge automotive manufacturing operation.
As a part of the above, and on an ongoing basis will also:
- Establish strong team member relations, at all levels and provide support for people development, coaching, and mentoring with a focus on teamwork and inclusion
- Work closely with Japanese team members from Mazda and Toyota
- Create improvement strategies relative to KPI achievement and in translating those strategies into concrete action plans by use of Floor Management Systems
- Provide supervision to stamping die maintenance team leaders and team members in overall strategies bases on company policy management and priorities
- Lead and coach die maintenance team to achieve hourly/daily objectives
- Share information and communicate goals with die maintenance team
- Ensure alignment of die maintenance activities to support business plan objectives
- Support preparation of preventative maintenance system and ensure compliance and effectiveness of die maintenance asset management, both die tooling and shop equipment
- Support new model development activities and new tooling/equipment introduction
- Support introduction of new stamping die and press line technologies when applicable
- Create and manage team member and team leader development plans
- Manage die maintenance spare parts and optimize inventory levels
- Lead problem solving and continuous improvement activity related to stamping die tooling in support of quality issues, die failures, and press line downtime
- Lead evaluation, analysis, and implementation of die maintenance cost reduction activities
- Be available to work 2nd shift, rotating shifts and shutdowns as needed.
- Be available to work OT and travel as needed (domestically and internationally)
What You Bring
- 3+ years' experience in manufacturing and Tool & Die maintenance
- Stamping/Tool & Die experience in a supervisory role
- Expertise in draw die forming, trim steels, piercing and bending operations
- Knowledge of engineering materials and manufacturing processes related to metal stamping
- Tool & Die technical/systems experience
- CAD knowledge (CATIA, AUTOCAD 3D, Solid Works)
- Conventional and CNC Machining experience
- Ability to schedule and control major/minor die repairs
- Strong ability to problem solve/troubleshoot with a high mechanical aptitude
What We Offer
- For personal and professional development
- To engage in a culture of respect and teamwork
- To work in an inclusive collaborative work environment
- To end each work day with the sense of pride that is gained from contributing in the process of building vehicles that make customers smile
Mazda Toyota Manufacturing has taken the best practices from both Mazda and Toyota to create an innovative environment that inspires our team members to challenge the status quo.
We strive each and every day to manufacture vehicles with market leading quality and value, by demonstrating a customer first mindset with ownership, while being the best neighbor to our North Alabama community.
Our goal is to be a diverse workforce that is representative, at all job levels, of the people we serve. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender, military and veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success as a global company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool.
This is an exciting time to join our team. Mazda Toyota Manufacturing offers an array of competitive benefits and boundless opportunity for personal and professional growth.
If you are ready to help us build our company and our future, please apply today!